Studying in Asia, especially Japan has been the dream of many young international students. MEXT scholarship is a mouth-watering scholarship opportunity in Japan, sponsored by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT). Guess what, it’s a fully-funded scholarship with an annual stipend of $12,696 at a monthly stipend of 144,000 JPY (approximately $1,058) and subject to modification. Submission of application for the aforementioned scholarship ends November 16, 2022.
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarship
- Type: Fully-Funded
- Host Country: Japan
- Institution: Asia Pacific University
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Worth: $12,696 annual stipend, Airfare Ticket, Tuition & admission fees
- Deadline: November 16, 2022
- Validity: Until the program is completed
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT). International students who excel and are nominated by Asia Pacific University (APU) are given this scholarship. The scholarship seeks to promote active international student interaction in Japanese universities and increase Japan’s competitiveness internationally. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Asia Pacific University
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) first opened its doors in 2000 with the ideals of freedom, peace, humanity, and international mutual understanding as its foundation. What emerged was an entirely new multicultural learning environment to create global leaders across all fields and industries. In this past years, this goal has not only been reached but exceeded as thousands of students from over one hundred fifty countries have come together to learn intercultural coexistence, responsible business leadership, and sustainable development. With this well-rounded base of global knowledge, APU students and graduates are actively finding solutions to the issues our world is facing.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University is an accredited member of AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. APU is one of only four institutions in Japan to achieve this accreditation to date. Out of these institutions, APU is the only one offering an undergraduate business curriculum in both English and Japanese as well as an AACSB-accredited MBA program conducted entirely in the English language.
Scholarship Worth (Benefits)
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
All applications are expected to be turned in on or before November 16, 2022. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship by the admission board.
The scholarship is valid for any of the courses in the areas listed below. Thus, you must have been offered provisional admission in any of the courses in any of the graduate schools before being considered for the scholarship.
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Masters)
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Doctoral)
- Graduate School of Management (MBA)
Those who wish to apply for the MEXT Scholarship must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- You must be an international student with the intention to study in Japan
- Be a national of a MEXT designated country
- You must be born on or after April 2, 1988. This implies that you shouldn’t be above 35 years
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
The following documents must be available to be considered for the scholarship
- Completed online application form
- You must submit an English proficiency test result not later than March 24, 2022
How To Apply
- Submit the APU application by November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment is not available. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- The score validity period requirement for the English Proficiency Test Score: Only scores of examinations taken on or after March 24, 2021, will be accepted.
If you’ve satisfied all the requirements and eligibility criteria for the Government of Japan MEXT Scholarship, then click on the button below to begin your online application process. Ensure you adhere strictly to all instructions and also upload all necessary documents.