You can’t afford to miss out on this great opportunity in the scholarship space. This is a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship for international students with a high educational background. Feel free to apply for either the M.S., Ph.D., or PostDoc program at the University of Maine, USA.
About the Scholarship
International students can advance their research expertise and experience by applying for Master’s, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral Research Assistantships at the University of Maine. The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships provides a stipend of $25,334 each year in addition to covering the entire cost of tuition.
As a result, individuals with outstanding potential are encouraged to apply for the Graduate Student Scholarships provided by the University of Maine in the United States.
The position holder will take part in the research of the freshwater ecology of the lowlands of the Northern Forest, including its wooded wetlands and seeps. The research will contribute to our understanding of the management of northeastern lowland forests, with an emphasis on northern white-cedar forests, and intermittent wetland habitats and processes. This entails formulating standardized measurement techniques and evaluating ecological effects in these systems.
The specific goals are to:
- To evaluate wetland processes among harvesting methods in northern white-cedar woods, with a focus on decomposition and insect biomass, assemblages, and biodiversity within the wetted environment.
- To provide uniform measurement techniques that may be used across the Northern Forest for aqueous leaf litter processing, wood degradation, and insect biodiversity in periodically wetted lowlands.
- To inform forestry professionals on the trade-offs between biodiversity and wetland ecosystem condition related to harvest regimes to support lowland forest management planning.
About the University of Maine, USA
Graduate study has been a distinct branch of the university since 1923. Since the University of Maine awarded its first master’s degree in 1881, graduate study has been an option. Since then, the current assortment of nearly 70 master’s and 30 doctorate areas of study represents a considerable expansion of our graduate offerings.
The opportunities are limitless at the University of Maine. As the Land, Sea, and Space Grant school and the flagship institution of the University of Maine System, UMaine plays a crucial part in our state. We are an economic engine for our state and beyond with a mission focused on research. With the distinctiveness and leadership that boost our national competitiveness, our graduate studies and research set us apart.
Scholarship Application Worth (Benefits)
This is a fully-funded scholarship that covers tuition fees for an M.S. degree with an opportunity to extend the position to Ph.D. and an annual stipend of US$25,334 for Ph.D. students including health insurance. The postdoctoral job at the main campus of the University of Maine in Orono comes with an annual salary of US$52,000.
For M.S. Degree Position: The scholarship application will begin on August 29, 2022, with the possibility of commencing in Spring 2023. But the scholarship deadline is not stated, hence you’re advised to turn in your application as soon as the application begins.
For Ph.D. Position: Successful applicants will be made available by August 29, 2022
For PostDoc Position: Application review begins June 23, 2022
M.S. Degree Position
- Wildlife Ecology or Ecology and
- Environmental Sciences
- Migration Ecology of American Woodcock
- Focused on developing monitoring protocols for mammals
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must satisfy the following requirements.
- Comply with University of Maine program requirements
- Possess strong writing and quantitative (GIS, occupancy modeling, mixed-effects modeling) abilities.
- Possess Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Wildlife Ecology, Biology, Natural Resources, or a closely related field.
- Possess strong oral and writing communication skills, a GPA over 3.0, and evidence of progress in publishing work from the M.S. degree.
- Possess experience in a related field.
Candidates must be prepared to submit the following paperwork to apply:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter and
- Reference Letters
How to Apply
After making available the required documents and meeting the requirements demanded, you can proceed by clicking here to apply for any of the scholarships.
Note: The University of Maine reserves the right to withdraw or revoke at any time the scholarship if a beneficiary is found to provide false information while applying for the scholarship or indulging in any other fraudulent means to obtain the scholarship.
If you’ve satisfied all the requirements and eligibility criteria for the Postgraduate Scholarship, then click on the button below to begin your online application process. Ensure you adhere strictly to all instructions and also upload all necessary documents.