Have you been in search of a scholarship opportunity in the United States? Well, I have a mouth-watery scholarship opportunity that you’ll love.
Boston University is currently open to applications from international students who would love to enroll and complete their undergraduate studies at the prestigious university.
The presidential scholarship is for eligible smart, intelligent, and outstanding students who have not only distinguished themselves academically but in the areas of leadership and community service at their various locations. The scholarship is worth $25,000 annually, aimed at covering the tuition fee and living expenditure and it’s renewable for 4 years until your undergraduate studies are completed.
In this article, I’ll discuss in detail everything you need to know about the scholarship and be rest assured that if you follow the processes adequately and present the necessary documents as expected of you, then your probability of being considered for the scholarship is high. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarship
- Type: Fully-Funded
- Host Country: United States of America
- Institution: Boston University, USA
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Worth: $25,000 annually
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Validity: 4 years
About the Presidential Scholarship
The Presidential Scholarship is given annually by the Board of Admissions to first-year applicants who have excelled academically. Presidential Scholars are among our brightest students intellectually, they also excel outside of the classroom and serve as role models in their schools and communities and exhibit excellence in all spheres of their lives. The scholarship duration has a validity of four years of undergraduate study at Boston University. It is also accompanied by a $25,000 tuition award, which is renewable until your undergraduate studies are completed.
About the Boston University, USA
Boston University is a leading private research institution with 2 primary campuses in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. Despite being nonsectarian, the university has a longstanding connection to the United Methodist Church. It was established in 1839 by Methodists, with its initial campus located in Newbury, Vermont, before moving to Boston in 1867.
Boston University is known for its rigorous academics, global recognition, breaking new ground, new world experience, a bright future, a city unlike any other, a residential campus, a view of the world, perfect class size, and never a dull moment. It’s an institution whose reputation speaks loud of.
Scholarship Worth (Benefits)
- The presidential scholarship covers tuition and living expenses and it’s worth $25,000 annually.
- It is renewable for 4 years of undergraduate studies
All applications are expected to be turned in on or before December 1, 2022. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship by the admission board.
The scholarship is valid for any of the courses in the areas listed below. Thus, you must have been offered provisional admission in any of the courses in any of the colleges before being considered for the scholarship.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Communication
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of General Studies
- College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
- Faculty of Computing & Data Sciences
- Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies
- Questrom School of Business
- School of Hospitality Administration
- Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
For details about the courses in the various colleges, click here.
Those who wish to apply for the scholarship must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- The applicant must be a first-year international student at the University of Boston.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellence beyond the classroom but distinguish himself in the areas of leadership and community service
- Must be proficient in the English language with minimum or higher test score results (TOEFL / IELTS scores)
- Applicants must satisfy the requirements for enrollment at Boston University
- Records from high school (High School Transcript, Senior Year Grades).
- Results of the TOEFL and IELTS tests for English proficiency
- Scores on standardized tests (SAT/ACT).
- Copy of the passport’s data page.
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report Form
- Teacher recommendation/endorsement
- Records of Financial Support
How To Apply
To apply for the scholarship, please follow these instructions;
- Use the Coalition Application or the Common Application to apply to Boston University.
- For further information about the application process, please visit the university’s official website.
Note: No further application materials, essays, or forms are necessary. By December 1, 2022, students who want to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship must submit their applications and accompanying documentation.
If you’ve satisfied all the requirements and eligibility criteria for the Presidential Scholarship, then click on the button below to begin your online application process. Ensure you adhere strictly to all instructions and also upload all necessary documents.