About the University of Oxford, England
The University of Oxford is a world-leading citadel of learning and research. It’s globally recognized for its expertise in arts and humanities, natural sciences, life sciences and medicine, social sciences, and management. According to QS world university rankings 2022, the University of Oxford made it to the 4th on the list globally with an overall score of 98.4 and is one of the best universities in Europe. It may interest you to know that the University of Oxford’s establishment date is uncertain but it’s clear that teaching was in progress as early as 1096.
About the Rhodes Global Scholarship
The Rhodes Global Scholarship is one of the numerous scholarships and the oldest international scholarship program established as early as 1903 and conducted by Rhodes Trust in Oxford as well offers fully-funded scholarships on yearly basis for full-time postgraduate study at the prestigious University of Oxford, UK. Rhodes scholarships are exclusively for young and vibrant leaders who have distinguished themselves among all odds and still stand to the test of time. Individuals with high interest and character worthy of emulation, decent, straightforward, and committed to helping others and the community at large. You’re expected to have a strong academic background, the ability to maximize your talents to their fullest, a commitment to duties and obligations, and also be an individual of high moral standards.
The people in these countries or regions stated below are not eligible for the scholarship. The affected countries/region are Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Commonwealth Caribbean, East Africa, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Southern Africa, Syria Jordan Lebanon and Palestine SJLP, United Arab Emirates, United States, West Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
You can apply for Rhodes Global Scholarship if you didn’t fall under any of the countries or regions above. Click here to locate and enroll for the scholarship in your country or region.
Scholarship Worth (Benefits)
The Rhodes Scholarship pays for tuition at Oxford University as well as an annual stipend. The stipend for the 2021/22 academic year is £17,310 per year (£1,442.50 per month), from which Scholars must cover all living expenses, including housing. Please keep in mind that this does not cover partners or dependents.
Scholars receive a settling-in stipend upon arriving in Oxford, and those who transfer to the second course of study in Oxford will receive further aid to cover the fee for visa renewal and HS application.
All entries are expected to be turned in on or before August 1, 2022
- You must be at least 18 years old but not older than 24 as of October 1, 2022, but older students who completed their undergraduate programs late must not exceed 27 years old on October 1, 2022, with the required academic information on your completed undergraduate degree.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree program with a grade that meets or exceeds the minimum requirement for your choice of course at the University of Oxford. It may interest you to know that a First Class Honors Degree or its equivalent is an added advantage over others.
- You must also be able to demonstrate English language proficiency at the university’s standard or higher level. Click here for more details.
- You’ll have a second opportunity to reapply if your first application is denied or unsuccessful, but it must be in the same constituency with an emphasis on adhering to the eligibility criteria.
All postgraduate courses offered at the University of Oxford, UK are eligible for the Rhodes Global Scholarship.
For more details about the provisional courses click here.
- You’ll be asked to upload any government-issued documents which reflect your date of birth to ensure you meet the age requirements
- You’ll be asked to upload a transcript from your university indicating your course of study and grades
- You’ll be asked to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language such as TOEFL or IELTS with their marking scheme
- You’ll be asked to provide the details of senior staff at your university who is willing to submit a nomination letter on your behalf and that has to be done with his/her approval
- You’ll be asked to upload your curriculum vitae which captures leadership positions, academic qualifications, scholarships, prizes, employment positions, involvement in students’ unionism, community service, etc.
- You’ll be asked to upload a colored head-and-shoulder photograph in jpg format.
- A personal statement about yourself and who you are. It’s expected not to exceed 750 words.
How to Apply for Rhodes Global Scholarship
- You have to be nominated by your university through a letter of nomination form which will be submitted after your university has submitted its nomination.
- The staff of Rhodes house will carry out an eligibility check on you within 2 working days and you’ll be notified through your email on completion of the check.
- Applications can be turned in from June 1, 2022.
- All applications and required documents will be submitted online. Be aware that there is no application fee attached as submissions are expressly free.
- There are two lists, a longlist and a shortlist. Longlisted applicants will be invited for a basic interview and after that, the shortlisted applicant will also be invited to a reception and dinner before the final interview. You must be readily available to attend in person.
- Applicants will be notified of the result of their application either successful or denied through email.
Note: Any false information presented for the purpose of this scholarship will terminate your application as you’re expected to be honest. Be yourself and write in simple and concise English language, avoid ambiguous words and ensure you follow every specified information towards being a successful applicant.
If you’ve satisfied all the requirements and eligibility criteria for the Rhodes Global Scholarship, then click on the button below to begin your online application. Ensure you adhere strictly to all instructions and also upload all necessary documents.