The UQ Excellence Scholarship has open applications for the 2022-2023 academic scholarship program for interested, eligible, and qualified candidates to turn in their applications. The scholarship provides up to $60,000 for academic expenses.
However, high-achieving students finishing their senior year or are taking a gap and applicants who have demonstrated outstanding academic, leadership and/or significant community service achievements during years 11-12, who achieve a minimum ATAR of 99.00 (or equivalent) are encouraged to apply.
In the UQ academic scholarship program, 3 scholarships are available:
- UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
- UQ Excellence Scholarships
- UQ Merit Scholarships
You simply need to submit one application to be given consideration for all positions.
Use the tips put together for a successful scholarship application at UQ.
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarship | Postgraduate Scholarship
- Type: Fully-Funded
- Host Country: Australia
- Institution: University of Queensland
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Worth: $6,000 Annually
- Application Open: August 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: December 4, 2022
- Duration: 4 years
About the UQ Academic Scholarship
UQ Excellence Scholarship is part of the UQ Academic Scholarship program. This scholarship was established in 2008 and is maintained by funds from The University of Queensland and donors.
The Excellence Scholarship is awarded to applicants who achieve a minimum ATAR of 99.00 (or equivalent).
About the University of Queensland (UQ)
The University of Queensland, one of Australia’s premier research and teaching institutions, is ranked among the top 50 universities in the world. Our study has broad implications. The biggest problems facing the world are being resolved by us.
We are dedicated to fostering knowledge leadership for a better world and working to create a brighter future for our students and our community.
All undergraduate programs offered at UQ are eligible for the UQ Excellence Scholarship.
Scholarship Reward and Benefit
- Full funding scholarship
- $6,000 annually for a period of 4 years.
To be eligible for the Scholarship Award, you must;
- have your QTAC reference number
- provide a list of 3 of your most outstanding achievements from Years 11 and 12, either
- academic achievements, or a combination of academic excellence and significant leadership and/or community service achievements.
Candidates must be prepared to submit the following documents in order to apply;
- Completed online application form
- CV or Resume
- Academic transcript from high school
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency tests
All applications are expected to be turned in on or before December 4, 2022. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the UQ Excellence Scholarship.
How to Apply
- Apply via the UQ application portal. You can save your application and come back to it at any time provided it’s not after the application deadline.
- We’ll email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, please email email@example.com.
- A selection panel will review eligible applications. If you are successful, we’ll notify you in writing.
If you’ve satisfied all the requirements and eligibility criteria for the UQ Excellence Scholarship, then click on the button below to begin your online application process. Ensure you adhere strictly to all instructions and also upload all necessary documents.